Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!  As we approach Thanksgiving I realize I have so many things to be thankful for.  My sweet Eli was coughing in the middle of the night last night, and he came into my room and woke me up.  I was so frustrated, because Jaxson had been in my room twice already, and then Eli came in.  Was I going to get any sleep?!?!  Why don't they ever go to their daddy's side of the bed?  Why is it always me that gets woken up?  As I pulled myself up out of my dreamy sleep to give Eli a sip of my water, he snuggled up next to me.  With his eyes closed and with a sleepy voice he kissed my cheek and said, "I love you, Mommy.  You're my best friend."  How could I be grumpy and complaining to myself over lack of sleep when I have three of the sweetest babies in the world?  My Eli reminded me that those these sleepless nights are rare, they will soon be over completely, my babies will be grown, and I'll no longer be their best friend.  I need to cherish these little moments with them and everyone else in my life.  I have a wonderful family, and this Thanksgiving I'm celebrating having each of you in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment