Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Did I Shower Today?

I knew I'd be busy with three kids, but I didn't know exactly how busy.  My house is usually a mess, and sometimes I'm still in my pajamas at noon.  There are dishes in the sink, and when was the last time I had a proper shower?  The laundry is piled high and I can't remember if I brushed my teeth or just the kids' teeth, so I'll have to do it again.  While I love my children more than anything, and of course I did actively choose to have three of them, I just don't have any time to myself.  If I'm not changing diapers, playing with transformers or cleaning my house, I'm working on stuff for my job at the church.  I love scrapbooking, but the last time I had a chance to sit down and work on it was when Eli was just a few months old.  Quiet time with my homeboy (that'd be Jesus) has gone by the wayside.
Many people are talking and starting to ask questions, so I'm just going to throw it out there.  In light of my busy schedule, it's time for me to move on from my position as Children's Ministry Director at church and focus on being a mommy.  While I have loved my job, it's time for me to be a little selfish.  I'm swamped at home, and I need to create a little time for myself.  Jaxson will be at Carver next year, and Eli will be at St. Stephen, and I want to be able to be a good classroom mom and PTO member for each kiddo.  I want to play with my kids and not worry about who is teaching Sunday school this week.  I want to be able to scrapbook and not think of preparing lessons for Sunday.  I want to get back into the schedule of having my quiet time each day.  I'm excited that God has given me the opportunity to stay home with my babies, as they are a precious gift from Him.  While I think that these are my children, I know that they are really His, and He has just trusted me to take care of them and raise them to follow Him.  So that's what I'm going to do.  Thank you, God, for trusting me with three little lives.  Help me to love them like You do and watch over them as You do.  Help me to train them up to follow You and handle them with care.  There is no greater gift that You could give me, and I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment